Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to frequent questions asked by clients. Please do not hesitate to contact Academy with any questions you may have, the band will be pleased to discuss your individual event and requirements.
01. How much does Academy charge?
It is not possible to provide set fees as every booking has unique factors such as: location; travel distance; band size (trio, quartet, five-piece), performance times; etc. Please contact Academy to confirm availability and to obtain a competitive quote for your forthcoming event.
02. How long will the band perform for?
Academy usually perform two 1 hour sets and provide suitable music to cover any breaks. Extended, additional or specialist sets, such as background music during dinner, cabaret etc. can be arranged on request.
03. How far will the band travel?
Academy are based in South East England but travel worldwide.
04. Will the band perform special requests?
Yes. With notice, Academy would be pleased to perform any special requests you or your guests may have.
05. Will Academy reserve a booking date?
Yes, for an agreed period. Once a date has been fully confirmed, all other booking offers for that date will be declined.
06. Do Academy have any requirements to perform?
Academy provide excellent sound and lighting equipment for all occasions, however the band would request that you ensure your chosen venue has adequate space and power for the band to set up and perform. Academy would be pleased to advise you about this or liaise directly with your venue organiser.
07. Our agency is interested in representing the band, can you supply us with an agent’s promotional pack?
Yes. Academy’s promotional pack has no contact details so it is ready to forward on to clients interested in booking the band. Please use the site’s Request Promotional Pack feature, or call Academy to obtain your copy.
08. How soon will Academy’s promotional pack reach me?
All requests for promotional packs will be dispatched same working day by first class mail. Academy will do their very best to ensure you receive your copy next working day.
09. Does Academy have public liability insurance and is all stage equipment certified for electrical safety (PAT tested)?
Yes, documentation is available on request.